The Entrepreneurship Cell (E-Cell) is a non-profit student body aimed at promoting a healthy entrepreneurial ecosystem. They aim to bridge the gap between the student community and the corporate world. They have been recognised as the Leading Entrepreneurship Supporting Student Organisation by National Entrepreneurship Network.
They are conducting The Entrepreneurship Summit on 30th Jan and 31st Jan at IIT Bombay, which will serve as a meeting ground for key industry leaders, corporates, budding entrepreneurs, investors and students from distinguished institutions across the country having a footfall of over 17k. They have associations with leading angel networks like Indian Angel Network and Mumbai Angels , VC firms like Sequoia, Accel Partners, Nexus Partners, Qualcomm and other independent investors and organisations.
At I Hack 2016, they are bringing together India’s best coders, developers, designers, innovators, creators and entrepreneurs of tomorrow. I Hack is geared up for those who are passionate about building, designing and innovating. It is a 48 Hr event where the enthusiasts meet, develop and compete in the product prototyping competition.
- Last date for registration at ecell.in/esummit/ihack: 10th January, 2016
- Declaration of Finalists: 12th January, 2016
- Dates of Finals: 30th-31st January, 2016
- Venue: IIT Bombay
(In I Hack 2016, there are two separate tracks)
1. Hardware Track (Prizes worth INR 1.5 lakh to be won!)
It is an open ended Hardware Track where the participants can build anything on TI platform and kits which has a business viability. Build amazing products that affect a billion lives! The Finalists would be provided with Kits, 3D Printing Services, Laser Cutting Services, Workshop Tools at the venue free of cost (upto a certain limit). Prizes worth INR 1.5 lakh to be won!
Maker’s Asylum will provide Mentorship and take Hardware hacking workshops during the course of the event.
2. Mobile App Track
In Mobile App Track, they have two themes
a)Connecting the Dots (Prizes worth INR 80,000 to be won)
In this theme, the participants have to develop a mobile application on one of the following topics:
- Education: Develop an app that disrupts the education sector in India by making education more fun and engaging.
- Governance: Revolutionise the way the governance in India works using Mobile.
- Digital India: About 330 million people in India are connected to Internet. Connect the next 1 billion!
- Utility and Gaming: Build something out the box to engage people in social games. Also, develop a utility for people that optimizes the performance of mobile, app, etc.
b) Disrupt with Beacons (Prizes worth INR 90,000 to be won)
Beaconstac includes beacon hardware, SDKs for iOS and Android as well as a cloud-based management platform. MobStac’s beacons are making their way not only to malls & retailers in India, but also to customers in 40 countries around the world. The theme includes two problem statements:
- Retail: Create an app that enables retailers to understand their visitors better such as rewards, indoor targeting, footfalls, recency and frequency of visits.
- Workplace: Companies always look for interesting ways to communicate with their employees be it sending out company-wide updates or notifying employees about an upcoming event. The challenge is to build an app that enables such interactions between a company and its employees.
How to register?
All participants must register on or before 10th January, 2016 on the website www.ecell.in/esummit/
Who can attend?
Current students of any college of India as well as working professionals. However, only students can participate in Hardware Category.
How much does it Cost?
This event is completely free! They will provide you with food and drinks and also a plethora of resources and tools to hack with.
For more details and registration, visit www.ecell.in/esummit/