Learn Woodworking like never before with Maker’s Asylum in the beautiful village of Moira. We are back with a more intensive program in woodworking right from selecting wood and procuring your material, to designing and building your own furniture with your own hands.
Maker’s Asylum has been home to experts and makers from various backgrounds, and we are always looking forward to more of you to add to our craziness.
P.S.: Moira, Goa is known for its generations of woodworking artisans, and now the base for Maker’s Asylum.
What will you learn:
- Introduction and Ice breakers.
- Learn about wood and the different types of wood
- Understanding procurement
- Hands on with Hand Tools
- Cutting Saws and its types
- Hand Planers
- Build a classic game board with just the hand tools. This will be a team task.
- *Open Mic and Music
- Learning About Power Tools and getting hands on practice with
- Circular Saw
- Drill machine
- Router Machine
- Sanding Machine
- Electric Planar
- Build a simple project (a hammer, a work desk organizer, a chess board, etc.) with what you learnt
- Understanding the design aspect and exploring YOUR designs that you had in mind
- *Design Meet: Listening to the local artists and experts in the field
- Design Feedback and Updates. Work with Designers in the team to learn how can you improve the design and add more elements.
- Field Trip
- Saw Mill (Procurement of the material)
- Getting your blocks and get it cut
- Visit to a local carpenter to get some inspiration about designs and machinery possibilities.
- An exposure to CNC and more
- Learning feedback and Closure for the day
- *Music and Chill (We do not have Netflix Subscription), but we do have a barbeque!
- Learn about some more heavy machineries
- Miter Saw
- Drill Press Machines
- Table Saw
- Chop Saw
- Angle grinder
- Shaper Machine (Our very own CNC machine). You are gonna love this one!
- Build your Project.
- *Cinema Circle (This will be your suggested movie)
- Building the project. You would start seeing your work by the end of this, only to be left with some minor corrections.
- *Game Night!
- A quick Introduction to Dremel
- Finishing your Builds
- Learning Outcomes
- Open Mic about your experience and feedback
- Celebrate your making
- Material for the initial couple of days for your learning and execution of your project
- ₹ 1000 Coupon to buy the wood for your own designs and projects.
- 6 Day Stay inclusive
- Program facilitation and supervision
- Access to the lab, tools and experts in the field
- Access to the treasure boxes. If you can find anything that is of use for you, you can have it
- Curation of evening socials
- 20% off on all food and beverages at Drill Press Cafe
* The location of stay could be within 10-15 kms of Maker’s Asylum. Connect with us for more details on this
**All the points mentioned above with a “ * ” in the daily agenda section indicates post workshop, and can continue till 8.30 pm