To create an RC vehicle that can be used to clean up beaches
The abundance of cheap plastic present on beaches that aren’t recycled.
SDG in focus
- Promote sustainable technologies to developing countries
- Enhance global partnership for sustainable devolpment
Challenges faced and their solutions
- The wires were too short to connect the motors to the board. We made holes in the board itself to shorten the distance
- The RC rover was very complex to complete within a week. We decided to make a hovercraft instead due to the availibility of the materials we needed.
- Faced difficulty in making a good air cushion due to not finding a good material like nylon and it being too difficult to cut into appropriate size. We settled with plastic often found in wrapping of things.
A small Hovercraft that can move around the beaches and collect small plastic waste using the attachment in the back.
Using the drone kit and the laser printer, we could make a hovercraft to perform the desired function. Hence we used Pluto primus x, and we could connect a device with a certain app to the board using Wi-Fi.