About the course
Rapid prototyping is the fast fabrication of a physical part, model or assembly using 3D computer aided design (CAD). The creation of the part, model or assembly is usually completed using additive manufacturing, or more commonly known as 3D printing.
- What is Digital Fabrication
- Techniques of fabrication
- How 3D printer works
- How Laser Cutter works
- Hands on training on basics for 3D printer and Laser cutter
- How to prepare a file for 3D printer and laser cutter
- Online resources for design
- Print your first model!
- Introduction to designing softwares for digital fabrication
- Basics of Fusion 360/ Blender and Illustrator/ Inkscape
- Deep dive into Laser cutting and designing techniques for cutting
- Fabricate your designs
- Deep dive into 3D printing and designing techniques for printing
- Print your designs
- Basic 3D printer maintenance
Combine Your skills to create your own project.
Questions you may have
Not at all. It’s a very personalized 1:1 course where you get to learn from makers who are in the industry and want to give back by sharing their knowledge and helping you grow and build your “maker mindset”.
Absolutely. The courses start from scratch and we do not need any prerequisites. All we need is your willingness to learn! So anyone can start their maker journeys with our courses and programs.
Once you have signed up, we will ship you the hardware kits required for your course and in parallel schedule an onboarding call to give you access to MASH – our back scheduling and learning platform. Once you receive your kits, you are ready to start scheduling your time with your maker mentor. MASH will show you their availability calendar in the week so that you can schedule your time of the sessions according to your convenience.
Each course has a personal maker mentor who will be facilitating your course content. You will have help and guidance from them in every session of the course.
- You can write to us with your feedback after the first 3 sessions, we are happy to refund you 70% of the course fee. Post this we won’t be able to make any refunds.
For our larger flagship programs such as Innovation School & SDG School which are application based, we do offer scholarships. But for our shorter courses, which are non application based we do not have that option.