#M-19 O2 Oxygen Concentrator
The main objective of this initiative is the activation of local communities to make M-19 O2 Oxygen Concentrator (with indigenously sourced parts) in cities, towns and villages in India and building capacity to manufacture & maintain locally and in a decentralised manner.
Subscribe Our Newsletter To Stay Updated
“IF YOU TEACH A PERSON HOW TO MAKE AN OXYGEN CONCENTRATOR, THEY WILL GO ON TO SAVE A VILLAGE!”
WHY DO WE NEED TO DO THIS NOW?
Donating oxygen concentrators sourced from different parts of the world can solve the problem of oxygen availability in India, may be in the short term or may be even not – the objective of this project will target two big gaps of the country – skilling and lack of oxygen! And we know that this skilled community can solve many local problems with respect to technology usage, supporting frontline workers in addition to manufacturing & maintaining locally.
Here is an opportunity to think beyond what we can do today especially in the Indian context to really empower, educate and truly MAKE IN INDIA – for the community and by the community! This country is full of makers and your support will trickle down to generations.
OPEN INNOVATION = OPEN HEALTH
SOME IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE
- Activated of 150+ interdisciplinary group of makerspaces, labs, academia, industry, SMEs and large scale manufactures to share the knowledge and scale in parallel
- Collective capacity building and knowledge sharing sessions of 100+ hours
- Knowledge creation and documentation for making and maintenance of the M-19 O2 Oxygen Concentrator.
- Validation of the M-19 O2 on ground with hospitals, doctors and frontline workers
- Research and deep dive into QA/QC process for distributed manufacturing with Cambridge University
- Re-engineered a US based design to work in the Indian environment with indigenously sourced parts including modularisation of design, reduction in Bill of Materials, ease of making process, tackling humidity issues.
- In addition to this proven case study of producing 1 Million Face Shields in 49 days with 42 organisations across the country during the National Lockdown in 2020.
- Activation of youth and local communities by empowering and skilling them instead of just donating these to hospitals and individuals will change the way access to health can work in this country
- Offloading 25-50% of demand off the weak healthcare infrastructure in India
- Make in India
The M19 O2 provides immediate access of up to 15-20 litres per minute (LPM) of O2 with ~92% concentration. The current target oxygen saturation range recommended for COVID-19 patients is between 92-96%.
- Giving high concentration at high flow rate (>10 LPM) compensates for the extremely compromised lung functioning for a COVID19 patient.
- For patients with Oxygen Concentration level <92% anything below 15 LPM & 92% concentration level (which is most oxygen concentrators in the market) will not be effective.
Why will the impact be larger than just 2900 Units? You are not just donating 2900 Units but you are helping invest in capacity building for makers, problem solvers, local communities through this project who in the long term can not only make oxygen concentrators, maintain them, repair them and above all solve many more local problems of their regions in a faster, better and frugal manner!
Live Experiential Online
2.30 PM – 6.30 PM IST/ 10 AM – 2 PM CET